Here is the process from my first storyboarding assignment! We used 3 stories to generate a word list. (mine were tears, flight, and lost. picked 3 words from that list, and did 6 abstract thumbnails based on what shapes were inspired by those words. Using that we tried to find forms and a story within the abstract shapes to become an actual image. took those and generated 18 more that had more of a theme/direction, took our best 3 and cleaned them up, and then did 4 light studies for each. picking our favorites, we then do the full illustration. The process seems long, but it’s very good for getting original ideas when you don’t know what to do.
I’ll post the finished product soon!